Insure your ticket against unexpected illness
If you've purchased Cancellation Protection, you'll get a full ticket refund if you're unable to travel because you or a close family member falls ill.
You will get a full refund if upon producing an original medical certificate that confirms that you or your close family member is unable to travel. We define "close family member" as spouse/registered partner, co-habiting partner, and children.
How Cancellation Protection works
- Cancellation Protection can only be ordered online when you book your ticket and can't be added to an existing booking.
- Cancellation Protection covers all passengers listed in the booking.
- You must cancel your ticket (up to 4 hours before scheduled departure) by contacting our customer service.
- Person in booking falls ill: You'll need to produce an original medical certificate to request a refund.
- Illness of a close family member: You'll need to produce an original medical certificate and family relationship documentation to request a refund.
What we cover
- We will refund your ticket in the case of acute illness or death of one of the passengers listed in the booking.
- We will refund your ticket in the case of acute illness or death for an immediate family of one of the passengers in the booking. We define “immediate family" as your spouse/registered partner, co-habiting partner, and children.
- We will cover cancellation because of serious complications in a pregnancy up to 4 weeks before your due date.
What we don't cover
- We do not cover supplementary purchases made with any of our partners, such as hotels, car rental and activities, unless they're part of an Umeåflyg holiday package purchased in conjunction with Cancellation Protection.
- We do not cover cancellations made because the reasons for your journey fall through.
- We're not able to refund the cost of Cancellation Protection.
- Cancellation due to medical examination, treatment and/or admittance to hospital which was planned before your flight was booked
- Elective surgery
Request a refund
- Cancel your ticket up to 4 hours before departure by contacting our customer service
- Send us an original medical certificate from your doctor specifying the nature of your illness for the relevant travel date(s)
- Send us documentation of your family relationship (if applicable)